A handful of things to go through with this update!
Also we are currently working on a complete re-write for the mod! Expect more updates on this over the coming weeks.
- With this release, all versions prior to Launcher v2.2 will no longer receive updates.
- New installer for MSCO!
- Files are no longer stored in Program Files. New location is AppData/Local.
- This also removes the headaches when having to deal with administrative permissions. (example: “CreateProcess failed; code 740”)
- All versions prior to MSCO v2.3 can be uninstalled.
- MSCO logo has been updated.
- Removed MSCO.exe.
- Process creation and injection is now handled via the Launcher.
- Potentially fixes `0xc000007b` application error.
- Save mangement is temporarily disabled due to a backend issue preventing normal functionality.
- User preferences file reading through the Launcher is currently disabled.
These will be fixed in the next update!
- Title bar colour has been adjusted to be slightly darker.
- Updated Close and Minimise buttons to higher resolution versions and now have a glow effect on mouse hover.
- Window title no longer shifts out of alignment regardless of the current display resolution.
- Launcher background is now downloaded to the user’s local machine to minimize bandwidth usage.
- Removed an unused font reference.
- Removed hardcoded sizing properties.
- Changed style of `Launch` button to look like “metro”.
- `vcruntime140d.dll`, `vcruntime140_1d.dll` and `ucrtbased.dll` errors are no longer thrown.
- `fixfiles.bat` is now obsolete and removed from future builds.
- Removed non-essential functions.
- Fixed incorrect message box parameters in the event a mono function fails.
- Added more instances of error handling during mono function calls.
- Updated all dependencies to their latest versions.
- Added a message regarding Satsuma when starting a session.
- DLL targets the proper processor architecture now.
- Process is no longer killed on Fatal Error. Instead, a shutdown signal is sent.
- Improved internal logging with more additional information.
- Instead of continuously writing to the log file, the logger now waits until the application is shutting down before flushing the logs.
- Messages on screen are now displayed for 10 seconds. (Lowered from 15)
- Invalid commands no longer display an exception.
- Empty commands no longer get processed.
Finally, happy 2021 from all of us at MSCO Team!